Three steps to beautiful hair in winter
Our bodies react heavily to weather changes. During winter we often feel sluggish and without any desire to live. It’s when the days get shorter and we can see frost on windows every morning, the highest number of cases of depression and despondency is recorded. Winter adversely affects the health of our skin, hair and nails. If you are observing an increased number of hair that stay on your hairbrush, look around – the answer may be found outside the window.
Temperature and its drastic changes are one of the most common causes of seasonal hair loss. It is worth to take special care of them and prepare for the arrival of winter. How to take care of hair in winter?
Step 1: hydration
Especially in winter, you need to ensure proper hydration of hair. Act on two fronts, from inside and outside. Drink a lot of water (over 2 litres a day) even if you don’t really feel thirsty. Adding a lemon slice or mint leafs is a nice trick to twist up your water. Such addition will help to cleanse the system and add extra taste to your drink.
After summer your hair is usually dry and damaged by excessive sunlight. Invest in a good conditioner and intensively moisturizing shampoo, which will help you nourish and restore the shine of your hairstyle.
Step 2: extra nutrition
Shampoo and conditioner are not enough. There are several elements that should be included in routine hair care in winter.
– Put on a hair mask once a week.
– Consider hair oiling. Olive oil, coconut and almond oil will be especially effective. Treatment with oils not only significantly improves the condition of hair, but also has a soothing effect on the scalp.
– Washing your hair too often rinses out the natural oils that take care of it. Instead of a traditional shampoo, go for its dry equivalent, which will add freshness to your hair.
– If you like styling your hair with a straightener, dryer or curler, make sure you have good protection for your hair. Use a high quality, high temperature protection spray before styling your hair.
– Get rid of dried, damaged ends and give your hair the lightness they need especially during the winter months. Try to get a healthy habit and cut your hair every 6-7 weeks.
Step 3: Prevention
Factors like frost, cold wind, rain can weaken and destroy the hair structure. It’s always better to prevent than cure the effect of their impact.
Wear a hat every time you go outside. Silk or satin additions that do not make hair static are particularly beneficial to your hair. Even if you’re wearing a hat, make sure your hair is perfectly dry. Wet hair can be the main cause of many unpleasant consequences and serious problems.
Od dziecka interesowały mnie fryzury i stylizacje włosów. Swoje życie zawodowe związałam ze swoją pasją. Od prawie 10 lat zajmuję się zagadnieniami związanymi z pielęgnacją włosów, ich wypadaniem czy metodami ich wzmacniania. Dzięki współpracy z Dr Hair mogę podzielić się swoimi doświadczeniami oraz wiedzą.